Volkswagen this german word means people’s car. This german company is well praised brand all over the world. The company was founded in 1937 by German labour front. It is the largest automaker by worldwide sales in 2016 and 2017. This brand is known for its quality and reliablity, even the first volkswagen vehicle tested for one million kilometres before it was released and still it is a record. These are the points which makes volkswagen better than others:
Volkswagen is known for its build quality, people say these cars are made like tank. Volkswagen never compromise its build quality. Volkswagen uses galvanised steel for the body shell. This not only ensures strength but also helps in retaining the paint in a better way. This is why VW cars keep looking new for a long duration of time, here take a product of VW: POLO, this car comes in number of variants and well known for its build quality, this car is made up on MQB platform, which stands for Modularer Querbaukasten, translating from German to “Modular Transversal Toolkit” or “Modular Transverse Matrix. MQB is not a platform as such, but, rather, a system for introducing rationality to different platforms that have transverse engines, regardless of the ten body configurations the company manufactures for any of its eleven vehicle brands. Thus MQB coordinates a core “matrix” of components across a wide variety of platforms — for example, sharing a common engine-mounting core for all drivetrains (e.g., gasoline, diesel, natural gas, hybrid and purely electric), as well as reducing weight. The concept allows different models to be manufactured at the same plant, further saving cost. It simply means VW uses this platform in most of their cars irrespective of the cost of the car whether it is POLO or GOLF. And when comes to the interior of the VW car they uses top notch material there as well also with proper fit and finish and proper texture, VW actually set up the bar of materials used in interiors and no company till now is able to match or to reach that bar, VW is leaving every company behind in terms of interior materials usage.
Lets compare VW polo with its rivals in terms of build quality.
|weight||1153 kg||1065 kg||970 kg||1140 kg|
|ANCAP ratings||34.96 (4/5)||34.40 (4/5)||not tested||34.90 (4/5|
|anti rust warranty||12 years||NA||NA||NA|
Here clearly Polo leaving all its rivals behind, polo is the only car here which is giving anti rust warranty, also polo scored highest in ANCAP testing, so clearly build quality of polo is unmatched. Here VW proves itself how it is better than others.
VW group owns numbers of well knows companies such like lamborgini, porshe, bugati, ducati, bentley and till date bugati is the fast productiom car so here rivals falls behind with lot of margin and VW offers that DNA of such super cars in their cars, just like they prove DSG gear box in its every car, irrespective of cost of the vehicle. DSG is the supreme gear box available in the market which AUDI (subsidary of VW), lamborghini uses, even POLO GT comes with this DSG gear box.
A direct-shift gearbox, commonly abbreviated to DSG, is an electronically controlled dual-clutch multiple-shaft gearbox in a transaxle design, with automatic clutch operation and with fully automatic or semi-manual gear selection. The first actual dual-clutch transmissions were derived from Porsche in-house development for their Model 962 racing cars in the 1980s.
In simple terms, a DSG automates two separate “manual” gearboxes (and clutches) contained within one housing and working as one unit. Thats how VW is better than its rivals, also VW itself makes their engine according to the chassis of the car, they do not borrow engines from other car companies, like other comapnies does, as such suzuki buys the engines from fiat motors, hyundai buys from fiat too, but here volkwswagen develops the engine of their car through its own. When we talk about performance, VW brand participated in these motorsports as well:
- In 1963, Formula Vee circuit racing, with cars built from easily available Beetle parts, started in the United States. It quickly spread to Europe and other parts of the world. It proved very popular as a low-cost route into formula racing.
- In 1971, Volkswagen of America started the more powerful Formula Super Vee, which became famous for hothousing new talent.Volkswagen also notched up several victories, and the championship in Formula Three.
World Rally Championship
- In 1981, now based in Hanover, VW took a new direction into rallying, with the launch of the first-generation Golf, and Sweden’s Per Eklund, Frenchman Jean-Luc Thérier, and the Finn Pentti Airikkala. The final chapters in Volkswagen Racing UK’s rallying story were the ‘one-make’ Castrol Polo Challenge, and the Polo GTI ‘Super 1600’ in 2001.
- Volkswagen Motorsport won the World Rally Championship with Sébastien Ogier and co-driver Julien Ingrassia four years in a row from 2013 to 2016 in the Volkswagen Polo R WRC.
- In 1980, Volkswagen competed with the Audi-developed Iltis, placing 1st, 2nd, 4th and 9th overall.
- In 2003, the Hanover-based team entered with a 2WD buggy named Tarek, finishing 6th overall and 1st in the 2WD and Diesel class.
- In 2005, an updated Race-Touareg with slightly more power entered, with driver Bruno Saby finishing 3rd overall and 1st in the Diesel class.
- In 2006, the revised Race-Touareg entered, with driver Giniel de Villiers finishing 2nd overall and 1st in the Diesel class.
- Volkswagen won the 2009, 2010 and 2011 Dakar Rally, held in South America.
Thats all from performance department and thats how VW is better than its rivals.
- MQB platform: As we told yoi earlier about his platform, this platform actually given ease to the company where company which allow for thousands of different possible combinations while sharing a common family of parts. The only fixed measurement is the distance between the front axle and the firewall. Everything else, from the wheelbase to the front and rear overhangs, can be altered dramatically. For the Volkswagen brand alone, the MQB is used in the Polo, Golf, Scirocco, Jetta, Tiguan, Touran, Passat and several others.
- Adaptive chassis control system: This is electronically-stability control (ESC) suspension and dynamic control chassis (DCC) struts that react to changes in the road environment within milliseconds. This system gives the car more stability on high speed, more you rev the engine more you get stability yes this is the knight of shimmering armour.
- Most fuel effecient car: VW’s XL1 model is one of the most fuel-efficient cars in the world. Its tiny 1 litre twin cylinder diesel engine uses only 2.0 L/100 km. Combined with the on board electric motor, that efficiency increases to 0.9 L/100 km. And here also VW did not compromise performance, this car could reach 0 to 100 kmph in just 11.9 seconds.
- 2015 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Nevada: Here in this show VW introduced Golf R Touch concept where three LCD screens govern literally all of the functionality and information display in the car. A digital Active Information Display shows the instrument cluster, a large touch-screen controls infotainment and navigation, and a smaller screen is dedicated to climate and audio controls.
These screens may sound like nothing new, but what sets them apart is that touching them is completely optional. Cameras mounted throughout the car let drivers use gestures like pointing for button presses to avoid taking their eyes off the road — or smudging the beautiful screens with fingerprints. To open the sunroof, all you have to do is stick your hand up and pretend to push the glass backward. To adjust the seat, place your hand underneath it and use gestures to indicate direction.
This is one of the biggest car group in the world which nearly owns 30 well knows and super car and super bike companies and some of those companies are, Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, SEAT, Škoda and the flagship Volkswagen marques; motorcycles under the Ducati brand; and TRATON (commercial vehicles, trucks, and buses) under the marques MAN, Scania, and Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles. Volkswagen has operations in 150 countries. Volkswagen Beetle was built for 65 years, from 1938 to 2003, and is the longest produced vehicle in history. The Beetle was the first car ever to sell over 20 million units and remained the most built Volkswagen ever until 2002 when the VW Golf stole the title.
Volkswagen group had total revenue of 283 billion dollars in years 2019 (highest) far more than its rivals like toyota, ford and general motors. And that is how Volkswagen is better than its rivals, volkswagen is selling highest number of vehicles for past three years leaving behind toyota and other car companies present on globe.