Xbox support has revealed its new console specification which will be a class apart in itself as it is fastest and most powerful console ever . It is designed keeping in mind the players that is ‘you’ at the centre.
This console is defined by three main features Power, Speed and compatibility .
This console has been designed in callobrotion with AMD which help in designing a processor, powered by an 8 core AMD ZEN 2 CPU and an RDNA 2-class GPU.It supports 120 fps for the most demanding and competitive games which is impossible to achieve previously on console.
Its main features are :
- CPU: 8x Zen 2 Cores at 3.8GHz (3.6GHz with SMT)
- GPU: 12 TFLOPs, 52 CUs at 1.825GHz, Custom RDNA 2
- Die Size: 360.45mm2
- Process: TSMC 7nm Enhanced
- Memory: 16GB GDDR6
- Memory Bandwidth: 10GB at 560GB/s, 6GB at 336GB/s
- Internal Storage: 1TB Custom NVMe SSD
- IO Throughout: 2.4GB/s (Raw), 4.8GB/s (Compressed)
- Expandable Storage: 1TB Expansion Card
- External Storage: USB 3.2 HDD Support
- Optical Drive: 4K UHD Blu-ray Drive
- Performance Target: 4K at 60fps – up to 120fps.
Those specs also reveal what the Series X’s mystery port is for –as Digital foundry Reports Microsoft and Seagate have made a proprietary external 1TB SSD that can be plugged into the console for extra storage. Essentially, it’s a giant memory card.
Digital Foundry’s testing includes some impressive reading. The Series X processor, for instance, is powerful enough to run four Xbox One S game sessions simultaneously.
As told by company the console’s internals include a Master Chief Easter egg – which the Xbox One X also did. It’s becoming a bit of tradition.